This bamboo cotton waterproof mattress protector will keep your mattress in the best condition possible and can even lengthen the life of your mattress. It is a bamboo/cotton protector with micro thin stretch knit fabric bonded onto the quietest waterproof backing. Mattress protection for allergy sufferers and asthmatics. It provides perfect moisture management and provides extra ‘peace of mind’ so you can sleep more comfortably. The sides are stretchy so they are able to suit many sizes of mattress – the sides are made with polyester and can fit up to a 50cm deep mattress.
The protein found in dust-mites and their droppings is THE most common trigger of allergy and asthma symptoms. Dust mite allergens affect 50 to 80 percent of people with allergies or asthma and can trigger lifelong allergies in newborns. A typical unprotected mattress may have anywhere from 10,000 to 10 million dust mites inside. An unprotected pillow increases in weight 10% every two years due to dust mites and dust mite faeces. Inhaling dust mite allergens can cause allergic reactions & asthma to people with sensitivity to them.
- Our waterproof mattress protectors are made up of 70% Bamboo / 30% Cotton jersey knit – bonded under high heat to an inert Polyurethane film.
- They will not ‘off-gas’ like PVC as it is a stable urethane that can stand the heat of a tumble dryer and constant machine washing…
- It’s not organic, we can’t find an organic mattress protector that actually protects the mattress, there’s nothing on the market – yet! So this is the best that we can currently find.
Why you will love our bamboo cotton waterproof mattress protector:
- Allows moisture to be absorbed through the jersey knit, providing a more hygienic and less allergy environment
- Machine Washable
- Hypo-allergenic – plant fibre knitted into a stretchy upper layer with a cotton blend for longevity
- Anti-bacterial – bamboo naturally resists bacteria growth. The moisture management of this fibre is responsible for the reduced bacteria growth.
- The bamboo upper allows for peace of mind moisture management.
- Eco-friendly – Okeo tex certified and made from renewable natural fibres, following sustainable practices